Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

What's been happening

Hello dear Followers..

Every time I write it seems as though it's been ages since I've done so.  Some of you have written to me either commenting on my work or asking me about my PENNY FLOWERS eBook and I have been so remiss in responding to you.  I do hope you'll forgive me and PLEASE, write to me again because I'm afraid I have forgotten who has asked or said what.  When you do write.. please make sure you tell me this is not your first time in writing to me.  For those I've neglected... I shall send you a copy of my eBook, free of charge.... oh and for anyone else who asks.  
One thing I have found is that if I am going to send my eBook.. then you need to have an email that will accept a big file.  It's about 12meg.

Now... first of all let me tell you what has been happening in my life.  About six months ago? (goodness, I cant remember how long) my knee started to give me problems.  As if it wasn't bad enough that my back causes me so much pain.. then my knee.  I have finally gone and had an xray and ultra sound on it.  The new is not good.  I have severe Osteo Arthritis in the right knee and I am going to need full knee reconstruction/replacement surgery.  Given that I'm so poor... this means going on a waiting list which could be up to a year... and that's just to see the orthopedic surgeon.  I know there are so many who suffer worse than I do so I am trying not to complain too much.

What else is there to tell you?  Oh I know!!  I've joined Pinterest. I had so many people tell me they had seen my cards on this 'pinterest' and I not only didn't know what it was but sure didn't understand it. Well after hearing so many ladies talking about it... I signed up.  I've put some of my work there and some of my interests.... but I'm still a learner and don't know sometimes how to invite someone to follow me etc.  If you would like to see my Pinterest.. which I remind you, is in it's early stages... here is the website (I think that is what one calls it)

Angie's Pinterest 

One more thing before I show you my latest card.  At the end of this month, AUGUST 30TH. to be precise, I will be demonstration at the Paperific Craft Show in Melbourne.  I'll be on the FATCATS CARD CORNER stand which is owned by the beautiful Kaaren.  So my friends.. if any of you are in Melbourne... I would just love it if you could come and say hello to me.  Please identify yourself as one of my Blog followers.  Oh how exciting that would be... to meet you in person.

Here is my latest card.  I haven't made too much that I can show you over the past month or so.  I've been getting ready for the above show and I'm keeping what I am demonstrating there a surprise... so as soon as the show is over.. I'll be sure to show you all.  Ok.. here is my latest...

Much love to you all...

hugs.... Angie      Oh.. and a big MEIOWWWWWW from my little Duchess...  Fergie!



6 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Dear Penny so disheartening to hear about your knee. I am a big fan of yours and if you were in India [my country]I would have got the best orthopedics to have a look at you.
The new card is fabulous like all your creations
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts School Projects

Artes de Nágela said...

Angie!
Beautiful and elegant as all you do!
I hope you get well soon with his knee. I was surprised by the delay of medical care in their country. I believed that these difficulties medical care only occurring here in Brazil. This is very sad.
Stay strong and have faith that something good will happen!
Hugs!

marda said...

Hi Angie,

This is not the first time I have written, but I do love your cards that you make and I have missed you not being on-line so to speak.

I know what it means to have osteo-arthritis, it is not fun. And to have to wait a year to even see a surgeon, that is not fun either. Right now so far in the U.S. we do not have that problem but I am sure you know what is going on here ; (

Take care of yourself! You are loved by many people there in your country and here "across the pond"! I do love that phrase.

Marda

Sandra said...

Your cards and flowers are stunning!! I would love to have your book. My email address is 1sassysandi5@gmail.com

I hope you are feeling better soon, get in to see the orthopedist much sooner than anticipated. I believe in faith and will be praying for you. I'm new to your site but I've definetly been inspired!

Sparkly Engineer said...

I hope your knee is better by now. I just recently found your blog after going ga-ga over your beautiful cards on pinterest. If you could, I would love your ebook
my email is

rohjr@sbcglobal.net

Unknown said...

I love the beautiful detail in your cards. You are very talented designer.
I hope and pray you do not have to wait so long for your visit with an ortho,the pain from a knee can be unbearable.