Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Using one of the Nellie Snellen punches..

The flowers on this card were made using the Large 6 Petal Flower - Floral Punch Set by Nellie Snellen.
These punches come in a set where you get the PUNCH and, what looks like a punch but in fact is an embosser.  You punch out the flower and then put the punched piece into the embosser and press down hard to give the shape some depth.
I've seen some pretty flowers made with this so I just had to have a go and did these flowers.  I punched four shapes, embossed them and then.. gave each shape some cupping, starting with just a little working my way with each one giving the next shape that little more.  I then used one of the Nellie Snellen Stamen punches to do the centre.
The pin on this card is the first one I ever made and is a little 'wonky' but I just didn't want to change it.

4 comments:

anja said...

wauw i love your card
great job you did on it

gr anja

Mad Mary said...

Gorgeous Angie, i've not seen that punch before so i just think i will have to do some searching now lol. Having the blue behind the flowers really makes them pop out of the card.

Mary x

Family American Style. said...

You have a wonderful talent and what you do is beautiful. You can share your site with others by going to Family American Style and go to Show off your creations. I'm also stopping by to let you know that I am doing a giveaway. Stop by and see.

XxJULESxX said...

another gorgeous card!!!! love your blog!!